IHS announces working conference in Rotterdam 26-28th September 2012
IHS, the Insitute for Housing and Urban Development Studies announces the working conference on 'Urban Developments and emerging issues of Inclusion, Governance and Sustainability in India' which will take place at IHS, EUR Woudestein campus of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Exchange ideas and explore opportunities for research collaboration between the Erasmus University, JNU and TISS, to identify funding opportunities and to develop joint research proposals.
The theme of the conference is: ‘Urban Developments and Emerging Issues of Inclusion, Governance and Sustainability in India'. Under this theme five sub-themes are listed:
- India’s economy, demographic change and urban-rural dynamics.
- Social inclusion/exclusion in rural and urban India: including human rights and legal dimensions and issues relating to equity, poverty and gender.
- Health: urban equality and health; infrastructural improvements and health; community participation, governance and health in the city.
- India and sustainable development: including issues such as infrastructure; housing; water; solid waste management and climate change.
- Governance and politics: including politics and political representation; multi-stakeholder governance e.g. public private partnerships; legal dimensions for example as regards to land and resettlement; and (urban) finance.
There is also scope for comparative analysis of developments in India, the Netherlands and possible other emerging economies (like South Africa, Brazil, Thailand, China etc.), to develop ideas as to the scope for knowledge exchange, and for research to compare trends and developments in India, the Netherlands and other relevant countries (inclusion, governance, sustainability).
During the conference, papers will be presented, covering the 5 themes listed. We herewith invite contributions relating to the above broad themes, which should be an abstract (no more than one page) of a paper to be presented. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper and present this at the conference.
Please find more details about the call of abstracts here.
Publication date: 06 July 2012