Internship Position in Urban Heritage Strategies (UHS)
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a center of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our UHS team, supporting us with projects in the fields of heritage management, urban management and urban planning.
- Assist with preparation, execution and completion of short course ‘UHS Russia’ (to take place in the last weeks of September)
- Manage UHS communication portals
- Make report on UHS Russia
- Formulate a relevant follow up trajectory based on evaluations of UHS Russia course participants
- Extract, prepare and manage data from executed UHS market research
- Conduct further research and analysis
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a Residence Permit for the Netherlands or the EU) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, such as a good use of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong affinity with heritage management, urban management and development internationally
- Knowledge, experience and interest in heritage management, urban management and development. Market research experience is an asset
- Students must have successfully completed at least 3 years of an undergraduate degree in relevant disciplines. Any related work experience in those fields is an asset
- Strong management and communication skills
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the university of the intern and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period of minimum three months and maximum five months and needs a presence of at least 32 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- We offer a cost compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master students.
- Preferred starting date for this internship mid-August; to be discussed and depending on the available starting date of the candidate.
Please consider the specialization page for more detailed information on content and activities.
Supervision will be done within the department.
Training is included in the package.
How to Apply
By email to Mr. Remco Vermeulen: firstname.lastname@example.org, before the 7th of August.
Please include “Intern UHS” in the subject line and send us:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV
- Copy of your passport
- For non-EU candidates: a copy of the back and front side of your residence permit for the Netherlands
- Availability date