Internship in Marketing and Communications - Content, Social Media & Alumni
IHS, Erasmus University Rotterdam is looking for enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Interns to join the team. Internships take place twice a year, from February until August and from August to February.
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a centre of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our Marketing & Communication department.
- consistently plan and publish content for social media
- produce various types of content (e.g. blog articles, infographics, photo series, videos)
- edit graphic files using the Adobe suite
- website editing (using Drupal as CMS)
- provide support with newslettersy
- support the Alumni Officer with alumni-related tasks
- assist in the organization and evaluation of alumni events (Alumni Days, career development workshops, etc)
- manage & maintain the alumni database (updating contact details, improving the quality of alumni contact details in the system, etc.)
- support the IHS Admissions Office with processing applications (entering student data and communication of admission decisions to prospective students via email)
- prospective student data entry and update
- carry out mailings through CRM system
- general support tasks
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a residence permit for the Netherlands in case they're not an EU citizen) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Creative and pro-active attitude in teamwork, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially the usage of Microsoft Office applications
- Students must have successfully completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: International Business, Communication, Marketing or similar. Any related work experience in those fields is an asset
- Candidates must have a strong affinity with marketing, communication, visual communication and design, interest in urban management and development internationally is an asset
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in one of the following topic is an asset: communication and marketing concepts, basic marketing theory, digital and online tools, research and analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and basic video editing skills are appreciated and will be taken into account when choosing among candidates
What we offer
- A compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master’s students
- A compensation for your travel costs to/from work (for a distance of up to 15 km)
- A young and vibrant international team
- Convenient location on campus (access to sports facilities, restaurants and more)
- Possibility to take ownership of your own projects and develop soft skills such as goal setting, teamwork, and time management
- Training on our latest CRM, project management, CMS and graphic design software as well as chance to learn marketing growth hacking techniques
- Personalised mentorship and career learning development tracking
- Free coffee and tea, along with occasional snacks
- Fun social events with our master’s students such as intercultural evenings and karaoke nights
- Free drinks and foosball on Friday
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the intern’s university and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period up to six months (preferred duration) and needs a presence of 40 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- The starting date for this internship is to be discussed and depends on the available starting date of the candidate and the availability of the internship at that particular time.
Covid-19 pandemic note:
During the pandemic, we follow the guidelines and regulations of the Dutch government. Working from home in this situation is common and might be applicable during the internship. In these cases, our team works online mainly/ only, depending on the situation.
How to Apply
Apply by email to Ms Hanna Schultz: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing & Communication internship - Content, Social Media & Alumni” in the subject line and send us:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV
- Availability date