Internship Positions in Marketing & Communication
IHS, Erasmus University Rotterdam is looking for enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Interns to join the team from February until August.
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a centre of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our Marketing & Communication department in one of the following profiles. Given the options, you have the possibility to tailor the internship to your current skills and learning objectives. In your application, please indicate in which of the profiles you are most interested.
Course promotion and student recruitment
- develop & implement a marketing or communication plan (specific assignment to be discussed); Past assignments included recruitment plans for different focus countries of the institute or an internal communication assessment
- conduct market research for target countries
- support digital marketing
- communicate with prospective students (master's, short courses)
- prospective student data entry and update
- carry out mailings through CRM system
- support PhD programme marketing and communication strategy
- devise and implement a video strategy
- manage the general IHS inbox
- maintain education profilers
- support the IHS Admissions Office with processing applications (entering student data and communication of admission decisions to prospective students via email)
- general support tasks
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch or foreign university (with a residence permit for the Netherlands in case they're not an EU citizen) in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially usage of Microsoft Office applications
- Students must have successfully completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: International Business, Communication, Marketing or similar. Any related work experience in those fields is an asset
- Candidates must have strong affinity with marketing, communication, visual communication and design, interest in urban management and development internationally is an asset
- Knowledge, experience and interest in one of the following topic is an asset: communication and marketing concepts, basic marketing theory, digital and online tools, research and analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and basic video editing skills are appreciated and will be taken into account when choosing among candidates
What we offer
- A compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master’s students
- A compensation for your travel costs to/from work (for a distance of up to 15 km)
- A diverse, international team and friendly work environment
- Possibility to take ownership of your own projects and develop soft skills such as goal setting, team work, and time management
- Training on our latest CRM, project management, CMS and graphic design software
- Personalised mentorship and career learning development tracking
- Free coffee and tea, along with occasional snacks and weekly fruit baskets at the office
- Fun social events with our master’s students such as intercultural evenings and karaoke nights
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the intern’s university and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen. Candidates without a permit cannot be accepted.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period up to six months (preferred duration) and needs a presence of 40 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- The next internship period will start in February and end in August.
- The starting date for this internship is to be discussed and depends on the available starting date of the candidate and the availability of the internship at that particular time.
How to Apply
Apply by email to Ms. Hanna Schultz: email@example.com. Please include “Marketing & Communication internship” in the subject line and send us:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV
- Availability date