Internship Position in Urban Heritage Strategies
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is a centre of urban expertise of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Looking at cities from different perspectives, we educate urban professionals from diverse backgrounds, consult national and local governments from the Global South and engage in cutting-edge urban research.
Bringing practical experience from real-life projects back to the classroom, we inspire collaboration and co-creation of urban knowledge. Together with our partners, we work at the forefront of urban development to improve the wellbeing of people living in cities across the globe.
The successful candidate will be part of our UHS team, supporting us with a training in the fields of heritage management, urban management and urban planning.
- Assist with preparation, execution and completion of tailor-made training ‘UHS-5’ (to take place from 19 to 30 August 2019)
- Manage UHS communication portals
- Make minutes and report on UHS-5
- Formulate a relevant follow up trajectory based on evaluations of UHS-5 course participants
- Extract, prepare and manage data from executed UHS market research
- Conduct further research and analysis
- The candidate should be a student at a Dutch university or at a foreign university having a Residence Permit for the Netherlands, in a graduate/undergraduate (Master/Bachelor) study programme that requires a work placement/ internship at an international organisation like IHS
- Reside in the Netherlands
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work, but also able to work independently
- Able to work on several things at the same time and with deadlines
- International (work) experience in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of South-Africa, Brazil, United States of America and the Netherlands is an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, such as a good use of Microsoft Office applications
- Affinity with heritage management, urban management and development internationally
- Knowledge, experience and interest in heritage management, urban management and development.
- Market research experience is an asset.
- Students must have successfully completed at least 3 years of an undergraduate degree in relevant disciplines. Any related work experience in those fields is an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
Terms & Conditions
- IHS will establish an internship agreement which states the terms and conditions of the internship. This document needs to be signed by IHS, a representative of the university of the intern and the intern himself/herself. Candidates that cannot provide university approval for respective agreement cannot be accepted.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Dutch residence permit valid for the total period of the internship or be an EU citizen.
- The intern position is available in Rotterdam, the Netherlands for a period of minimum three months and maximum five months and needs a presence of at least 32 hrs per week, working regular office hours.
- For a weekly presence of 40 hours we offer a cost compensation of 300 euros gross per month for undergraduate students and 500 euros gross per month for master students.
- Preferred starting date for this internship is 1 May 2019; to be discussed and depending on the available starting date of the candidate.
Please consider the specialisation page (www.ihs.nl/uhs) for more detailed information on content and activities.
Supervision will be done within the department.
Training is included in the package.
How to Apply
Please include “Intern UHS” in the subject line and send us:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV
- Availability date