- Course dates
20 June – 1 July 2022
- Application deadline
OKP & MSP candidates academic course deadline
26 September 2021
EU/EEA & Non-EU/EEA: 1 May 2022
* Please note that for EU participants, the VAT of 21% will apply. The tuition fee stated above is excluding the VAT.
What will I learn?
Land-based financing is increasingly recognised as an important way for cities to attract resources to fund their public, social and environmental goods. In this executive course we cover four main topics:
- Fundamentals on urban land markets.
To what extent do land use planning and public works increase the value of land for profitable market based land uses?
- Fundamentals on land and property rights and obligations.
To what extent is the exercise of land and property rights responsible for funding impact mitigation on public, social and environmental goods?
- Instruments to finance land value capture.
Which innovations exist in different parts of the world in applying land based financing?
- Innovative strategies for land-based financing (workshop modality).
Which key skills or capacities are required to successfully implement such a strategy?
How will I learn?
The course employs a wide variety of learning methods including lectures, practical exercises, case study analyses, games, films, discussions, and debates. In addition, participants will visit cities in the Netherlands that have experience with land-based financing. The course draws on lessons learned from international experiences and innovations from around the world, including from the host country.
Who will benefit the most from this course?
- Local government officials responsible for economic or social development policy.
- Planning officials responsible for development control.
- Central government finance ministries; investors and developers.
- Academics studying urban policy.
- Development banks and donor agencies.
Do I need a finance background to be eligible for this course? No.
If you are still searching for a sponsor, have a look at our section on available funding opportunities.
For more information about this programme, please contact the IHS Admissions Office at email@example.com.
You can submit your online application via this form.
Photo credit: Free-photos