Training in UHES
For a number of years UHES have been involved in the design and delivery of tailor-made trainings (TMTs) for national and local governments, NGOs and international organisations such as UN-Habitat.
Through training activities UHES has the opportunity to acquire empirical knowledge on housing related issues and to develop practical tools, guidelines and handbooks for clients in the countries that the trainings are taking place. An important component of the trainings is the Training of Trainers (ToT). UHES ensure that useful methods of learning and training are imparted to trainees whom can develop heuristically and continue the client’s capacity building through knowledge transfer.
Recent training programmes include:
- Township action planning for local economic development and entrepreneurship, livelihood enhancement and flood risk management in Yangon, Myanmar [Client: NUFFIC]
- Social Rental Housing Programme Management for Municipalities in South Africa [Client: NUFFIC. Partners: CMRA, SALGA and NASHO]
- Capacity building of Metropolitan Housing and Urban Development Agency for managing and promoting the “Productive Housing Program” in Guatemala. [Client: NUFFIC. Partner: Urbanistica of Guatemala City]
- Designing and implementing street-led citywide slum upgrading programmes. [Client: UN-Habitat]
- Capacity development for planning and implementation of low-income (social) housing projects Nigeria [Client: NUFFIC. Partners: CHSUD, Minna University of Technology]
- Capacity development of Armenian NGOs for promoting sustainable housing maintenance/refurbishment practices in Armenia [Client: NUFFIC. Partners: Third Nature NGO and DSIF Foundation