For many years, IHS has organised regional refresher courses addressed to its alumni, thanks to the financial support provided by Ep NUFFIC. The duration of these courses are usually 2 weeks and is organised annually in close cooperation with a local organisation that also benefits from the wealth of experience brought by IHS staff and IHS alumni.
The courses refresh previous issues and fine tune participants’ experience and knowledge with current international policy practices and new issues that have emerged since their participation in IHS courses. The courses are very interactive. Participants have the chance to present their experiences and often this generates a rapid assessment of what is going on regionally. It is an excellent opportunity for networking and for assessing the impact of their previous training at IHS.
In recent years, Refreshers courses have been offered in Ecuador, Zambia, Indonesia, India, Zimbabwe, Jordan, Egypt, China, Cuba, Peru, Ghana, Vietnam, Costa Rica, Philippines, Nigeria, and Uganda. If you belong to an Alumni association or if your organisation would like to host such a course, contact IHS.
The refresher courses is one of the sub-programmes of the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) and participants have to be NFP alumni to apply for a fellowship. Find out whether you are elegible to join a refresher course in your region in the list of eligibility criteria
Refresher Courses 2017
In 2017, IHS is happy to organize six refresher courses in Myanmar, Zambia, Nepal, Vietnam, South Africa, and India. Thanks to the support from Nuffic.
- Yangon, Myanmar : 13-24 February 2017
- Application deadline closed
- Course Coordinators: Maartje van Eerd, Banashree Banerjee and Alonso Ayala
- Lusaka, Zambia : 15-26 May 2017
- Application deadline: March 22, 2017
- Course Coordinators: Ore Fika, Monse-budding Polo and Sija Mourik
- Bhaktapur, Nepal: 22 May to 2nd June 2017
- Application deadline: March 29, 2017
- Course Coordinator: Alexander Jachnow, Alexandra Tsatsou, Carolina Lunetta
- Hanoi, Vietnam: June 19-30, 2017
- Application deadline: April 19, 2017
- Course Coordinators: Carley Pennink, Charmae Nercua and Manjunath Sadashiva
- Stellenbosch, South Africa : November 2017
- Application deadline: September 2017
- Course Coordinators: Saskia Ruijsink, Linda Zuijderwijk
- Chennai, India : December 2017
- Application deadline: October 2017
- Course Coordinators: Maartje van Eerd, Banashree Banerjee and Charmae Nercua
The deadline to apply for the refresher course in 2017 is at least 2 months prior to the starting date of the course.