Current facets (Pre-Master)
Applicants for an NFP fellowship for a Refresher Courses must:
- be a mid-career professional with at least three years' work experience;
- be NFP alumni, having completed any NFP-funded training or education course at least two years prior to the planned starting date of the refresher course;
- be employed in an area to which the course will make a relevant contribution;
- have a clear-cut, functional relationship with a relevant organization and be in a position to introduce the newly acquired skills and knowledge into that organization;
- be a national of and working in one of the developing countries on the NFP country list valid at the time of application; NFP Country List 2015
- be available for the entire period of the course and be physically and mentally able to take part in the entire course.
All NFP alumni may participate in a refresher course as long as they originate from one of the countries on the NFP country list, valid at the time of application. NFP alumni who did not study at IHS but at another Higher Education Institute in the Netherlands are also welcome to apply.
To a limited extent, colleagues of NFP alumni can attend the course. These colleagues should be direct colleagues who work in the same organization or organizational unit of the NFP alumnus. Also, one or two staff members of the partner institute in the NFP country concerned are allowed to attend the Refresher Course. They can also apply for an NFP fellowship.
Non NFP Alumni or graduated after deadline
If you are not a NUFFIC/NFP, NPT, NICHE or MENA alumnus or you graduated too recently from IHS to be eligible and you can secure your own means to finance your participation in the refresher course, you are also welcome to apply. Your admission depends on the number of places available on the course and your motivation statement and your relevant working experience/ position.
Because IHS believes that the refresher courses should be accessible to all alumni, IHS offers a discounted course fee:
|Tuition fee||IHS Alumni Euro 300,-|
Non IHS Alumni Euro 500,-
|All expenses (hotel, food, travel, visa, etc.)||Local conditions apply|