Upcoming refresher courses
- Course dates: 25 October-5 November 2021
- Application deadline: 8 October 2021
- Modality: fully online
- Eligible countries: South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Mozambique, Somalia, Rwanda, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria, Congo (DRC) and Burundi.
- Course dates: 18 - 29 October 2021
- Application deadline: 3 October 2021
- Modality: fully online
- Eligible countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Bhutan, Pakistan
For many years, IHS has organised regional refresher courses addressed to its alumni, thanks to the financial support provided by NUFFIC. The duration of these courses is usually 2 weeks and they are organised annually in close cooperation with local organisations that also benefit from the wealth of experience brought by IHS staff and alumni.
The courses refresh previous issues and fine-tune participants’ experience and knowledge with current international policy practices and new issues that have emerged since their participation in IHS courses. The courses are very interactive. Participants have the chance to present their experiences and often this generates a rapid assessment of what is going on regionally. It is an excellent opportunity for networking and for assessing the impact of their previous training at IHS. The refresher courses are a sub-programme of the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) and participants have to be Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)/Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) alumni to apply for a fellowship. Find out whether you are eligible to join a refresher course in your region in the list of eligibility criteria.
In recent years, Refreshers courses have been offered in South Africa, Thailand, Zambia, Indonesia, India, Zimbabwe, Jordan, Egypt, China, Cuba, Peru, Ghana, Vietnam, Colombia, Philippines, Nigeria, and Uganda. If you belong to an Alumni association or if your organisation would like to host such a course, contact IHS.
Upcoming refresher courses - date to be decided.
Refresher Course Sudan
Food for the City: Linking good land and water governance for lasting food security and local economic development
- Application deadline: To be announced
- Course Coordinators: Ore Fika
Past refresher courses
In 2019, IHS organised five refresher courses in Bolivia, Philippines, Ghana, Nigeria and Colombia, with support from Nuffic.
- Making Andean Cities Greener in time of Climate Change: Strategies to reduce water, energy and transport sectors impacts and vulnerabilities caused by water extremes (Bolivia)
- Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction (Philippines)
- Planning for food: linking food security & water management to pro-poor housing development in Ghanaian Cities (Ghana)
- The contribution of sustainable land governance to local economic development in climate-induced regions (Nigeria)
- Peacebuilding in peri-urban areas in Colombia: nature-based solutions for community resilience (Colombia)
Photo by Tran Phu on Unsplash