IHS has a team of multi-disciplinary and multi-national staff with expertise varying from municipal finance to participatory planning, action and strategic planning, housing policies and finance and environmental planning and management. Our staff mix the rigour of knowledge transfer with practical expertise acquired through direct involvement in projects and advisory services throughout the world. IHS is occupied with Rotterdam-based activities and overseas work. This provides an excellent opportunity for cross-fertilisation and the development of case studies that can immediately be embedded into course programmes.
See a list of all IHS academic staff at the link below!
These are the non-academic departments in IHS, such as Finance, Marketing and Communications, the Educational Management Office, Library/Information Services and Secretariat.
IHS Research Committee
The Research Committee's objectives are to develop and stimulate research activities and to facilitate scientific writing within IHS.
Specific roles of the Research Committee are:
- To act as a sounding board for IHS staff concerning research matters;
- To develop publication series (working paper series and thesis series);
- To provide a yearly publication overview (of professional and scientific papers and articles) by IHS staff;
- To review and assess papers for publication;
- To develop scientific research and writing skills within IHS (including the PhD programme) and
- To advise the Academic Director regarding the IHS Research Project Fund and research policy in general.
Research Committee Members:
Jurian Edelenbos, Academic Director (Chairman)
- Alberto Gianoli
- Paul Rabé
- Maartje van Eerd
- Ogenis Brilhante
- Carley Pennink
- Nigel Browne
- Sharon Welsh