Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP)/Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Alumni
To be eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) fellowship, the candidates should meet the following criteria:
- The candidates work for one of the following types of national and/or local organisations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, private sector, commissions or NGOs. The candidates may not work for:
1. a bilateral or multilateral organisation;
2. a non-governmental organisation that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- The candidates must have the nationality of or be resident and working in one of the OKP countries for which grant applications for providing the type of group training courses concerned can be awarded (see the OKP Country List in the Downloads section below).
- The candidates must be in a position to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practice.
- Candidates for a refresher course must have completed an OKP, NFPII or NICHEII-funded course.
- Candidates for a refresher course must not have already accepted a scholarship for a refresher course in the year preceding the OKP Refresher Course application in question.
All NFP/OKP alumni may participate in a refresher course as long as they originate from one of the countries on the OKP country list, valid at the time of application. NFP/OKP alumni who did not study at IHS but at another Higher Education Institute in the Netherlands are also welcome to apply.
To a limited extent, colleagues of NFP/OKP alumni can attend the course. These colleagues should be direct colleagues who work in the same organization or organizational unit of the NFP/OKP alumnus. Also, one or two staff members of the partner institute in the OKP country concerned are allowed to attend the Refresher Course. They can also apply for an OKP fellowship.
Non NFP/OKP Alumni or graduated after deadline
If you are not a NUFFIC/NFP/OKP, NPT, NICHE or MENA alumnus or you graduated too recently from IHS to be eligible and you can secure your own means to finance your participation in the refresher course, you are also welcome to apply. Your admission depends on the number of places available on the course and your motivation statement and your relevant working experience/ position.
Because IHS believes that the refresher courses should be accessible to all alumni, IHS offers a discounted course fee:
|Tuition fee||IHS Alumni Euro 300,-|
Non IHS Alumni Euro 500,-
|All expenses (hotel, food, travel, visa, etc.)||will be covered by the participant (local conditions may apply)|