Specialise in different urban management fields with 6 master tracks!
IHS is now offering six Master’s Specialisation tracks related to Urban Management and Development. This new structure allows IHS students to focus on their chosen field whilst benefiting from a broad understanding of urban management. Participants will discuss urban issues, policies and trends from around the world through comparative methodologies and using progressive policy-making.
The academic year is organized in four blocks. The first block of the programme shares both general and track-specific courses and workshops whilst during the second block the courses are only track-specifics. The third and fourth block of the programme is filled with track-specific research workshops and the time to write your Master’s thesis on a topic relevant to your specialisation track. The new MSc programme offers students the opportunity to choose from the following six specialization tracks:
- Urban Economic Development and Resilience: Innovative and Entrepreneurial Cities in a Global Economy
- Urban Housing, Equity and Social Justice: Adequate Housing from a Human Rights and Gender Perspective
- Urban Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change: Nature-Based Solutions for Smart and Resilient Cities
- Strategic Urban Planning and Policy: Managing Socio-Spatial Dynamics for Sustainable Cities
- Urban Land Governance for Sustainable Development: Bridging Land, Water and Natural Resources
- Infrastructure and Green Cities: Managing Sustainable Water, Transport, Energy, Waste and Drainage Services
Participants will benefit from a comprehensive understanding of urban development through IHS’s collaborations with global leaders such as UN-Habitat, Cities Alliance and ICLEI. Inspiring guest lectures offer additional insights into contemporary research in the field of urban development.
Applications are open!
If you are an urban professional with relevant work or research experience looking for an opportunity to boost your academic learning while applying it to practice, you can start your application! For questions regarding the application procedure and admission requirements, visit our Admission Office at email@example.com.