Nepal Switch-Asia Projects: I & II
The capacity building SWITCH-Asia project I and II for Nepal is part of the IHS/EUR thematic area called Green Cities and Infrastructure coordinated by Dr Ogenis Brilhante which includes a master specialization (Managing Infrastructure for Green Cities), and the three weeks course on Green Cities for Eco-Efficiency.
SWITCH Asia is the initiative of the European Union (EU) promoting sustainable consumption and production in Asia. Under this call, non-state actors are encouraged to participate in supporting the developing countries in Asia to promote sustainable economic growth.
The SWITCH-Asia project I for Nepal called “ Green Homes or Sustainable Housing” started in 2013 and was concluded in 2015. The project was locally implemented by Nepal Un-Habitat in collaboration with the Ministry of Urban Development, Department of Urban Development and Building Construction of Government of Nepal and three selected municipalities (Kathmandu, Pokhara and Daran. IHS/EUR is the European partner of the project and Dr, Ogenis Brilhante is the project manager.
The SWITCH-ASIA project II called “ Need for Sustainable Tourism and Green Growth for Heritage Settlements in Nepal” was recently approved by the EU to be implemented by UN-Habitat Nepal, local partners and IHS. Dr Ogenis Brilhane is also the coordinator of this new project at IHS.
Reports and research results produced in the Switch-Asia project I
- Report_on_EU_Experiences_of_Building_codes.pdfpdf, 1010.05 KB
- Incentive_mechanism_municipalities_sustainable_construction.pdfpdf, 1010.42 KB
- Marketing_manual_edited.pdfpdf, 495.55 KB
- GREEN_LABELS_.pdfpdf, 680.61 KB
- Eexecutive_summary_of_reserch_on_green__supply_chains.pdfpdf, 103.71 KB
- Research_proposal_on_green_products_and_supply_chains.pdfpdf, 498.65 KB