IHS is managed by a Director and supervised by a Board of Commissioners appointed by the Erasmus Holding and the Municipality of Rotterdam. The director oversees the functioning of the institute and is primarily responsible for the overall performance, financial management, operations of the organisation, including its staff and the content and strategic directions of IHS activities. The director is the formal and legal representative of the institute. IHS has a flat organisational structure, with its staff managing tasks dealing with content, operational and financial management and reporting directly to the director.
The director forms a management team to assist him in the overall management of the institute and establishes working groups and committees to develop, oversee or assist the management in the development and implementation of different products and activities e.g. courses, tailor-made programmes, project proposals, tendering, consultancy, research, curriculum, policy proposals, publications, etc.
- Kees van Rooijen, IHS Director
- Lasse Gerrits, Academic Director
- Paula Nagler, Head of Economics & Governance
- Alberto Gianoli, Head of Urban Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change
- Alonso Ayala, Head of Urban Socio-Spatial Development
- Hanna Schultz, Head of Marketing & Communications
- Gerjan van Zoest, Head of Finance
- Rene van der Zwet, Head of Education Management Office