The NL Scholarship is the new national scholarship programme for international students outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Bachelor or Master in Holland. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Are you ready for the chance of a lifetime? Apply for the NL Scholarship!
How much is the scholarship?
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, and it is awarded to four students every year based on academic excellence. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
Am I eligible?
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are an excellent student according to the faculty's standard;
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor or master at Erasmus University Rotterdam;
- You didn't obtain a diploma at an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- You can only apply for this scholarship once;
- You meet the faculty's specific requirements that offer the programme you have applied for (go to the faculty's website for more information).
When is the deadline?
Apply at IHS by:
1 April 2024
Apply for the NL Scholarship by:
|1 May 2024|
How do I apply?
Step 1: Read through the NL Scholarship website to familiarize yourself with the scholarship conditions
Step 2: Submit your application by completing the NL Scholarship Online Application Form. Prepare your application now with the following documents:
- Unconditional Admission letter
- Motivation letter (including intended career path)
- Proof of excellence during Bachelor (Certified copy of Bachelor Degree including grade list)
- If you have not completed your Bachelor yet, the average grade of the current year until the date of application applies.
- Description of financial position including a bank statement (that shows an amount sufficient for the living costs during your studies of 12 x €1000) and an indication of the maximum amount that can be contributed by the prospective student and/or external sponsors
Step 3: Receive the awards committee's decision by May 2024.