PhD research focus on Strategic Urban Planning and Policy
- Cities planning, the influence of visions and actors in the planning process.
- The underlying features of urban development and the role of self-organization within.
- The connecting of micro-interventions (such as place-making/ street-scaping) and planning and implementation on the meso- and macro-levels (e. g. the municipal and national levels)
- The development of urban morphologies around certain patterns (e. g. densification vs urban expansion) and the influence of urban policies
- Dissolving dichotomies (such as the urban formal/informal sphere; rural-urban-linkages, bottom-up/top-down) and future stakeholders and their respective roles and interests within the urban context