Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
What is the Orange Knowledge Scholarship programme?
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is a full scholarship available to professionals working in (urban) development from 52 countries offered by Nuffic. Financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs this programme aims to contribute to a society’s sustainable and inclusive development by offering access to education and training to professionals and organisations. There are 3 application calls per year.
On this page you can find the following information:
- OKP Interest Registration Form
- Application procedure
- Deadlines and eligible courses
- FAQ regarding the OKP Fellowship
All candidates who wish to apply for the fellowship need to first submit an application for the course of their choice. The following IHS programme is eligible for the upcoming spring deadline:
What is the application procedure?
The OKP Fellowship Calendar for the 2021/2022 academic year can be found in the FAQ section.
Check the scholarship eligibility criteria below. You must:
- Be a professional and national of, and working and living in one of the following countries:
▪ Afghanistan ▪ Albania ▪ Armenia ▪ Bangladesh ▪ Benin ▪ Bhutan ▪ Bolivia ▪ Burkina Faso ▪ Burundi ▪ Cambodia ▪ Colombia ▪ Congo (DRC) ▪ Cuba ▪ Egypt ▪ Ethiopia ▪ Georgia ▪ Ghana ▪ Guatemala ▪ Guinea ▪ Jordan ▪ Kenya ▪ Lebanon ▪ Liberia ▪ Mali ▪ Mozambique ▪ Myanmar ▪ Nepal ▪ Nicaragua ▪ Niger ▪ Nigeria ▪ North Macedonia ▪ Pakistan ▪ Palestinian Territories ▪ Peru ▪ Philippines ▪ Rwanda ▪ Senegal ▪ Sierra Leone ▪ Somalia ▪ South Africa ▪ South Sudan ▪ Sri Lanka ▪ Sudan ▪ Suriname ▪ Tanzania ▪ Thailand ▪ Tunisia ▪ Uganda ▪ Vietnam ▪ Yemen ▪ Zambia ▪ Zimbabwe
Your OKP fellowship application and your background fit into one or more priority areas as mentioned in the OKP country focus document from the "Downloads" section below.
- Have an employer’s statement that complies with a prescribed format. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement. (You will not be eligible for the fellowship if you fail to submit this document);
- Not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft)
- Large national and/or a large commercial organisations
- Bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- Multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB)
- International NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- Have an official and valid passport.
- Have an NFP/OKP government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established.
- Not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time.
Check which IHS courses qualify for the current OKP deadline (see list in the beginning of the page). Note the application deadlines.
Select your preferred IHS course and apply for it. To apply, visit the page of your chosen course and click on one of the "Apply now" buttons on the page. Keep in mind that preparing your course application may take some time. We advise you to start on it well in time.
Once admitted, you will be invited by IHS via email to apply for the OKP fellowship. Keep a close eye on your email.
Receive scholarship outcome & make arrangements for your arrival.
Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
OKP Scholarship Webinar in Spanish
OKP Scholarship Webinar in Arabic
When are the deadlines for OKP applicants?
- Masters programme in Urban Management and Development
- 3-month course on Urban Management and Good Governance in Complex Contemporary Cities
- 3-week course on Developing Social Housing Projects
IHS academic deadline:
28 February 2021
OKP application deadline
This is the period in which you apply for the OKP scholarship. Note that you will be invited to do so by IHS only if you are admitted to your preferred course.
|Expected selection outcome||Early May 2021|
How to find out more?
To find out more information about this scholarship you may want to visit the Nuffic website.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the OKP Fellowship
Click here to reach the OKP Fellowship Calendar 2021/2022. This calendar is strictly for IHS courses.
How high is the chance getting this fellowship?
Please understand that the OKP fellowship is highly competitive and usually a large percentage of applicants who meet the profile are unfortunately not selected for the fellowship. The chance to be awarded a fellowship depends on several factors, such as the relevance of your current position with the priorities mentioned in the Country focus document, quality of your application, the total budget of the fellowship, the number of the total applicants from your country, etc.
Can I apply for this fellowship without having received the admission to the academic programme?
You can only apply for this programme with an invitation from the educational institutions. We can only invite the candidates who have been admitted to our programmes to apply.
I do not meet all the eligibility criteria. Is there any alternative way to be eligible for the fellowship?
No. Unfortunately your fellowship application will not be considered by Nuffic OKP programme if you fail to All the eligibility criteria. The OKP programme is very strict on the requirements and no exceptions can be made.
My employer is not willing to provide me the required employer statement. Is there any alternative way to be eligible for the fellowship?
No. Unfortunately your fellowship application will not be considered by Nuffic OKP programme if you fail to provide all the required documents with the prescribed format. The OKP programme is very strict on the requirements and no exceptions can be made.
Can IHS help me to submit my OKP application on my behalf or give me some personal advice?
No, the candidates must submit their applications on their own. We also cannot give you any personal advice on your application. IHS is only responsible for the communication of this fellowship.
Do I need to pay any fees if I’m selected for this fellowship?
This is a full fellowship which means that most of the necessary expenses are covered. The total amount should be sufficient to support your stay during the study. However, depending on individual cases, you might still need to cover some costs yourself such as local transportation, meals, or any unexpected costs.
Can I bring my family if I’m selected for this fellowship?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your family. However, the fellowship does not cover the expenses for your family and the institute is not responsible for arranging the travel for your family members either. You will have to take care of all the practical and financial issues yourself.