Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
https://www.ihs.nl/en/education/short-courses/urban-heritage-strategiesThe Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) is a Dutch scholarship programme from Nuffic, financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation. On 1 July 2017, the NFP entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The aim of the programme is to aid the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of individuals as well as institutions in the field of higher and vocational education.
The new application period for the OKP fellowship will be announced shortly. All candidates who wish to apply for the fellowship need to first submit an application for the course of their choice.
The following IHS programmes are eligible for the next deadline:
Am I eligible?
You can apply for this scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a professional and national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP country list (see below);
- Have an employer’s statement that complies with a prescribed format. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement. (You will not be eligible for the fellowship if you fail to submit this document);
- Not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- Must have an official and valid passport;
- Must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
- Must have an NFP/OKP government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established.
A provisional list of eligible countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
When is the deadline for OKP applicants?
The exact dates of the given deadlines are provisional and are yet to be announced.
The application period for the below courses is opened.
IHS academic deadline:
|14 February 2019|
NFP/OKP application deadline:
|1 March 2019|
|Expected selection outcome||May 2019|
How do I apply?
Apply for the IHS academic courses via our online forms and receive your academic admission offer. To apply, visit the page of your chosen course and click on one of the "Apply now" buttons on the page.
Once admitted, you will then be invited by IHS via email to apply for the OKP fellowship.
How to find out more?
To find out more information about this scholarship you may want to visit the Nuffic website.
You may also find our Master of Science in Urban Management and Development and frequently asked questions pages useful.